[tei-council] draft: email to TEI-L for proofing TEI P5

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 14:57:11 EST 2014

On 13/01/14 18:04, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>> Schemas etc can be found at http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/
>> Yes, I noticed that it seems to be impossible to point to the
>> schemas using the tei.it.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/ alias ... should we
>> modify that Apache rewrite rule?
> eh?
> http://tei.it.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/
> works fine. my mistake.

But it doesn't work if I give a more specific URL... *that* was
my point.  If I give

http://tei.it.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/relaxng/

as a URL you go somewhere else. So if I gave the URL to tei_all
it wouldn't be the same one.

> I am not sure how to say “Look, folks, you’re going to have to really quite
> IT literate to test this release apart from reading the HTML.”

If we get a few typos...
Speaking of which, choosing a random page,
http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-respons.html
should there be a space between 'VERSION' and '2.6.0beta' since
the links go to different places?  And where it says 'TEI
Guidelines' on that line surely we should specify 'TEI P5
Guidelines'.  If you point me to where this is I could change it.

> of course New Roma will allow you to run against different versions. as Byzantium does
> if you grok that - a rare skill indeed.

It would be good if someone tested the schemas, etc. Next on the
list... how can they test the oxygen-tei framework before
release, easily?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk