[tei-council] Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Tue Jan 7 12:45:55 EST 2014

> Don't worry, I don't think you are stepping on Syd's toe's too
> much, he can do it next time, and I think there are real benefits
> to having you do it.

Ow! My toe!

Seriously, no problem here at all. I think expanding the set of
people who have a clue about building is good. I'll do it again some
other time. I will also try to be available much of the day (EST) on
Mon 20 to help as needed.

> According to our schedule we are currently in the 'repository
> chill'. This means we should not be doing any new implementations,
> but updates to prose, etc. are allowed.

Warning: I'm still in the middle of the Schematron stuff, which turns
out to have some difficult twists.

> This also means that I will be announcing the pending release to
> TEI-L soon. I've changed the version number to 2.6.0beta as of
> revision 12749.

When you post various announcements to TEI-L about 2.6.0, some
significant discussion of the change to <publicationStmt> is order, I
think. I bet there are a lot of people out there who have taken
advantage of the 11.5 years of excessively loose formal constraints
to generate files that do not conform to the TEI abstract model on
this. So now that the schema are enforcing a lot more of the
constraints of the abstract model, many files will be invalid.

If you want (James), I'll write up a draft for you tomorrow.

>   *Before I announce this what needs to be done to make the P5-test
> job stable?* We should do that first.

Can it be made stable? Now that we have Schematron warnings for
@validUntil constructs that are still exemplified, I thought we were
stuck with unstable.