[tei-council] constraint prose WINITA

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sat Jan 4 18:06:07 EST 2014

On 14-01-04 02:45 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I've now checked in a revised version of the TD chapter. Most revisions
> are simplifications and clarifications of what it says, mostly about
> constraintSpecs and datatypes. I added one non-schematron example, but a
> better one would still be useful.
>
> I get an error message on my local build because of the reference to
> @source on the <specDesc> for <egXML> presumably because this attribute
> is inherited from a class rather than locally defined. Which I thought
> we'd agreed it shouldn't. ???

This shouldn't cause a problem -- the Note on @atts says "The attribute
names listed may include both attributes inherited from a class and
those defined explicitly for the associated element." And yet the
ValidatorLog.xml does show

specDesc:
TEI[1]/text[2]/body[3]/div["TD"]/div["TDcrystalsCE"]/div["TDeg"]/p[7]/specList[8]/
refers to source in
               egXML, which does not exist

I wonder if this is a namespace issue? <egXML> is in a different
namespace, and this is AFAIK the only place in the Guidelines where a
specDesc for a non-TEI-namespace element attempts to retrieve attributes
from an attribute class.