[tei-council] TD exemplifications

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Sat Jan 4 09:48:53 EST 2014

Indeed, that is an interesting problem and recurring problem. I think
the only solutions are to either

a) remove the restriction on <egXML> nesting (I can't quite remember
   why we have it, at the moment)

b) leave it as it is -- it doesn't get validated, such is life

c) change it to an <eg> -- it doesn't get validated, such is life

d) change the namespace of the internal <egXML> element to something
   else, e.g., "http://www.tei-c.org/USE-PROPER-NAMESPACE-HERE", with
   an explanatory sentence in the prose.

But as you're going through TD, I have some issues I was hoping to
put up as FRs or bugs last week, but Sourceforge was giving me a hard
time. So I started to write them up as e-mail to Council, but then
get buried by extract-isosch.xsl (which I hope to check in by Mon)
and the blizzard. I'll post now in case it's something that affects
what you're doing, Lou, and as I won't be around for most of the day
today.