[tei-council] Things needing translation

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Thu Jan 2 23:21:07 EST 2014

Well, certainly the Chinese may choose to have two examples for
<said> where the English has only one. But in general only one of
them would be a *translation* of the English; the other would just be
an additional example, no?

If that's often wrong, then I guess the idea doesn't work at all. But
if it's the 90+% case, then we could make it so by editorial fiat.
(You translators get to create 1 and only 1 *translation* of the
English, although of cousre internationalizers can add more
examples.)

Dunno ... food for thought.