[tei-council] on deprecation doc

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Thu Jan 2 16:53:20 EST 2014

> having another allowed value for @valid, which mapped to a
> corresponding presentation (<blink>) would be rather easy to
> implement,

<egXML valid="not4long">?
<egXML valid="forNow">?
<egXML valid="until_2014-06-12">?
Oh.
<egXML validUntil="2014-06-12">.
Hmmm ... let's us deprecate examples, whether they are valid or not.

> > (Of course, what we *really* want is much more complicated -- flag
> > any example that has a construct that itself is flagged as
> > validUntil.)
>
> if we only deprecated entire elements, this would not actually be
> very hard do. I am sort of tempted. but will restrain myself.

I, too, am intrigued at how to do this. May take a shot at it later,
but right now I'm buried in (a) a significant re-write of
extract-isosch.xsl to properly support namespaces, and (b) blizzard
preparation.