[tei-council] on deprecation doc (was "Re: build failure")

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 2 05:41:43 EST 2014

On 31 Dec 2013, at 22:58, Syd Bauman <s.bauman at NEU.EDU> wrote:

> But certainly we could achieve the same effect without lying if we
> just colored egXML[ancestor::*[@validUntil]] pink or some such.

having another allowed value for @valid, which mapped to a corresponding
presentation (<blink>) would be rather easy to implement,

> (Of course, what we *really* want is much more complicated -- flag
> any example that has a construct that itself is flagged as
> validUntil.)

if we only deprecated entire elements, this would not actually be
very hard do. I am sort of tempted. but will restrain myself.

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services