[tei-council] Things needing translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 2 12:23:27 EST 2014

On 2 Jan 2014, at 17:07, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> By the same argument, every child of a *Spec element should be dated!

yes, I agree. Martin’s scenario seems artificial to me.

> There is also the rather tricky technical issue that <exemplum> is not a
> member of att.identifiable, so you cannot point to it in the same way as
> other components. However, I think that's a separate issue (it would be
> nice if it were identifiable btw, because then you could suck exempla
> into the text in the same way as you currently can for <desc>)

I don’t see an easy way to resolve this, unless we limit ourselves to one <exemplum>
per *Spec/attDef, and allow multiple <egXML> within it perhaps.
Getting into an identifier for each example seems like going too far
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services