[tei-council] on deprecation doc (was "Re: build failure")

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 2 10:49:13 EST 2014

On 31 Dec 2013, at 19:00, Syd Bauman <s.bauman at NEU.EDU> wrote:
> I think we're agreed that the wording I threw in there is not ideal,
> although we've not concluded what the wording should be. Suggestions
> so far (for an element; obviously would need to be slightly different
> for other constructs):
>
> a. The TEI-C may drop support for relationGrp element as early as
>   2014-06-17
>
> b. The TEI-C will drop support for the relationGrp element after
>   2014-06-17
>
> c. The relationGrp element will be removed from TEI source code on
>   2014-06-17, and will not be available in any P5 releases after
>   that date.

d. The relationGrp element will be removed from the TEI on 2014-06-17

keep it simple…

     - no “may” but “will”
     - no uncommon abbreviations (“TEI-C”)
     - no geek phrases ( “source code”)
     - no redundancy (its its removed on a certain date, then of course it won’t be available afterwards)

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services