[tei-council] Bug 506: examples for @corresp

Fabio Ciotti fabio.ciotti at uniroma2.it
Fri Dec 20 14:36:08 EST 2013

> You missed the lengthy discussion we had of this in Oxford. The
> consensus is that @corresp is (has become) a general-purpose linking
> attribute, for the reasons I outlined in my response to Kevin. If you
> don't like that, then we need to either:

Sorry I could not (afford to...) attend and even I read the minutes I
missed the point of such an opening of @corresp semantics...

> a) create a general-purpose global linking attribute,

I'd rather follow the b) option

> b) make several other attributes (such as @resp and @target) more widely
> available, preferably global, or

I would agree on this even if at the moment I don't see all the
possible side effects

> c) watch helplessly as the community continues to use @corresp for
> everything.

No, not this, but I fear that that example with note could license
(and legalize somehow) such an enconding promiscuity :)

Fabio