[tei-council] Bug 506: examples for @corresp

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri Dec 20 13:19:09 EST 2013

On 12/20/2013 12:58 PM, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Actually, though, ranting aside, I disagree about the suggestion that
> @target is appropriate. The persName is surely not a pointer to the
> note; it's a persName which happens to have a note associated with it.

Well, I'm thinking of how the TEI allows a point of attachment or
siglumn to point to a note, or a note to point to the point of
attachment or siglum, in either case using @target.  From section 3.8.1
(#CONONO):

In such cases, the target attribute of the note may be used to indicate
the point of attachment. It is also possible to encode the point of
attachment itself, using the ptr or ref element, pointing from that to
the body of the note placed elsewhere.

While I personally don't think of the relationship as being equivalent,
it seems to me that the TEI Guidelines does.

--Kevin