[tei-council] Bug 506: examples for @corresp

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Fri Dec 20 12:35:48 EST 2013

I think we'd want to add some explanation before or after the example
explaining that the point of this example is not just to show linking
from the document to an endnote but that the linking is in two directions.

Still, if I were reading the Guidelines, this example would raise a
question for me: why not use @target on <persName> as well?  I suspect
the answer is that @target is not allowed on <persName>, but then this
makes me wonder why the TEI doesn't add it -- or at least we wouldn't
acknowledge that someone might want to do so.

To put it more bluntly, the example strikes me as attribute abuse
designed to avoid having to create a customization, and I don't think
we'd want to promote such practice.

--Kevin