[tei-council] Guidelines Building

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Dec 18 11:57:09 EST 2013

The full list of what you need to install to get a working build
environment can be deduced from the Jenkins Builder Script:

<http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Documents/Editing/Jenkins/jenkins_builder_script_2012.sh>

That of course includes Jenkins itself, and some ancillary bits and
pieces that Jenkins needs, but it should be easy to figure out which
bits are required and which aren't.

This is becoming a persistent issue, though, so I think we should
address it. When I start rewriting my Jenkins builder script next year
for the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS release, I could create another one alongside
it which is intended for Council members wanting to build locally. It
would also be based on the LTS version, but could be updated for every
Ubuntu release, since we tend to dist-upgrade our desktops and laptops
more frequently than our servers. Does that sound like a good idea?

Of course, it wouldn't help Windows and Mac users.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)