[tei-council] build failure

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Dec 13 16:40:14 EST 2013

On 13-12-13 11:21 AM, Syd Bauman wrote:
>> "The relationGrp element will be removed from TEI source code on
>> 2014-06-17, and will not be available in any P5 releases after that
>> date."
>
> Hmmm ... seems a bit definitive to me. We *might* add something back
> if there was public outcry, no?

Yes, but the more definitive we are, the less likely it is that someone
will raise objections just on the grounds of instinctive
resistance-to-change. It's also less likely that people will go away
thinking "well it might not happen in the end" and then be bitten when
it does.

>> ... We could also provide a link to the ticket on which the
>> discussion took place.
>
> How do you propose to do that?

It would require your more controllable system, which I look forward to
reading about. :-)

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)