[tei-council] Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 09:53:36 EST 2013

Sigh. as Sebastian points out I meant to change all those
'December' to 'January'. ;-)

So:

  6 January 2014: Deadline for all major work being done for
2.6.0alpha;Version number changed to 2.6.0beta; Beta period
announced to TEI-L community

6 - 13 December: Repository Chill -- no new implementations,
updates to prose and uncontroversial bug fixes are still allowed.
Council Proofreading all new material. Trivial corrections from
TEI Community allowed.

13 - 18 December: Repository Freeze -- Council proofreads & test
all outputs; no changes allowed except with permission of
technical council and release technician.

20 December: Possible release date. (Depends on the availability
of the release technician. Did we have a volunteer? PeterS?)

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk