[tei-council] Release guidelines

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 08:00:43 EST 2013

On 12/12/13 12:30, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> People working with Spec files from a distributed package
>> need to be validating against the schema that was
>> distributed with those Spec files. In both situations,
>> confusing invalidities will arise pretty quickly if they're
>> pointing at the wrong schema.
>
> I wonder if anyone has _ever_ looked at the Spec files from a
> distributed package? unless we have computer archaeologists
> amongst us.

Still, having it be relative to the current release seems
reasonable.

> anyway, fix now in place. the P5 Build will now change the
> source XML files to point to the copy of p5.nvdl local to
> them, at the point the distribution is created

Let me make sure I'm understanding... in SVN the specs (etc.)
files will have a URL to lastSuccessfulBuild but as part of the
release this will be changed to the relative path to the released
p5.nvdl?

Seems pretty good to me. oXygen understands them fine, but can
you think of any other side effects from the relative URLs?

> you’ll see the effect when the current build has finished.
> current release on web site changed in situ

You could question whether this really should have been 2.5.1
(and then how we handle that in conjunction with changes to
proposed 2.6.0), but ah well.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk