[tei-council] Release guidelines

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 12 04:25:13 EST 2013

On 12/12/13 08:53, Peter Stadler wrote:
>> It may be the case that very few people edit or validate Spec files from
>> the distro packages or from tei-c.org, though.
> Actually, simply opening such a file with oXygen will result in auto validation thus marking a lot of staff in red, right now. So, for me it's not a hypothetical situation at all.

I don't see this problem -- if you open the latest version of any of the
spec files with Oxygen you will find that it tries to validate against
http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl
and (should) succeed. IF of course tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk is up and running
and IF you are connected to the internet. And IF you have the patience
to wait for it to connect...

Personally I use emacs to edit my spec files...  (old dog new tricks)