[tei-council] Release guidelines

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Wed Dec 11 04:13:15 EST 2013

Am 10.12.2013 um 17:45 schrieb Martin Holmes <mholmes at UVIC.CA>:

> I was thinking we would make the change in the tag after creating the
> tag. Of course, this would actually make it a branch, but that's just
> terminology, really; in Subversion there's no difference between a
> branch and a tag, except that you're not really supposed to commit
> changes to a tag.

Ah, I see. I didn’t expect such an abuse of standards from the TEI council but well, the end justifies the means … <grin/>

>>> We should also fix the existing tags on the TEI site, I think.
>> Which tags? The Subversion tags?  (sorry, I’m new …)
>
> I was thinking of all the previous versions in the Vault:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/#previous>
>
> which do contain spec files:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/>
>
> which all link to the lastSuccessfulBuild:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/TEI.xml>
>
>  <?xml-model
> href="http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl"
> type="application/xml"
> schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/nvdl/ns/structure/1.0"?>
>
> As you point out, that's obviously silly.
>
> Those files are (IIRC) on the TEI server in Virginia, and I don't have a
> working login for that server, but I think James and Sebastian do;
> perhaps one of them could change those xml-model pointers to:
>
> <http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl>

Thanks for the clarification. I have to admit I actually never(?) use(d) the Vault. So, this is a simple copy of the Sourceforge repository which is created by hand by the webmaster? (the process is not mentioned in the build instructions at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml …)

Best
Peter