[tei-council] Release guidelines

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Dec 10 11:45:14 EST 2013

HI Peter,

On 13-12-10 06:20 AM, Peter Stadler wrote:

>>> Yes, sure - that’s why I was thinking to do that change in a separate branch and *not* to change this (even temporarily) in trunk.
>>
>> The simplest thing would be to change it at tag time; we could script
>> that very easily.
> How would you do this?
> I can imagine doing this for the zip archive but how to apply this for the subversion tag?

I was thinking we would make the change in the tag after creating the
tag. Of course, this would actually make it a branch, but that's just
terminology, really; in Subversion there's no difference between a
branch and a tag, except that you're not really supposed to commit
changes to a tag.

>> We should also fix the existing tags on the TEI site, I think.
> Which tags? The Subversion tags?  (sorry, I’m new …)

I was thinking of all the previous versions in the Vault:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/#previous>

which do contain spec files:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/>

which all link to the lastSuccessfulBuild:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/Source/Specs/TEI.xml>

  <?xml-model
href="http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl"
type="application/xml"
schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/nvdl/ns/structure/1.0"?>

As you point out, that's obviously silly.

Those files are (IIRC) on the TEI server in Virginia, and I don't have a
working login for that server, but I think James and Sebastian do;
perhaps one of them could change those xml-model pointers to:

<http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/2.5.0/xml/tei/odd/p5.nvdl>

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)