[tei-council] Release guidelines

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Fri Dec 6 04:03:14 EST 2013

Dear all,

if I understand http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml correctly, all the work for creating a release is done in trunk. I know, never touch a running system, but wouldn’t it be more elegant to have a separate release branch? E.g., one thing I find annoying is the schema reference in the tagged release specs pointing at „lastSuccessfulBuild“. This makes all the current 2.5.0 specs invalid …
With a release branch one could modify this reference to point at the respective release schema while not tainting trunk.

Well, I guess this proposal has come up before and there are good reasons not to do it.

Best
Peter

PS: Enough for now, I’ll be off for some hours but looking forward to any replies