[tei-council] Council Chair Elections

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 3 05:13:36 EST 2013

Hi All,

So in the good traditions of newly created procedures, we've
failed to follow them at all. That is, it seems, that there is no
one who has put forward their name to be Council Chair. I held
off because I didn't want to stop anyone else who was thinking of
doing so (and then because I was examining a DPhil on Friday it
went clean out of my mind).

I will now put myself forward as Chair of the TEI Technical
Council for the next year. The reasons I think you should accept
me are:

1) I know what the job entails
2) I can do the work as part of my post in Oxford rather than in
my spare time
3) I promise to try to be more organized this year
4) No one else seems to want to do it

According to
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/TEI-Council-FAQ#How_is_the_TEI_Technical_Council_Chair_elected.3F
and common sense I should probably give you a couple days to make
any strenuous objections or put yourself forward. How about if no
one has nominated themselves or objected on the mailing list by
Thursday 5 December at 10am (GMT), then I'll assume an
acclamation and announce it to the Board and TEI-L.

So silence will indicate agreement. :-)

Best wishes,

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk