[tei-council] tei incubator?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 1 07:28:22 EST 2013

Thinking about my response to ticket 482, I am wondering whether it
might be a good idea to provide some kind of TEI Incubator facility,
where  ODDs under development can be managed by fairly ad hoc groups of
interested parties with some degree of privacy,  whilst enabling
monitoring of their progress by others, and making it easier to manage
their possible future migration into the TEI proper.

It could be the wiki, but wikis don't manage XML source very well (and i
hate them)
It could be the TEI SF svn depot, but that seems to imply too much
control by the TEI (and leaves us with an ongoing maintenance issue)
It could be a different SF or a googlecode svn depot.
It could be a github thang, at the risk of confusing those who have not
yet been gittified.

Or we could just let things muddle along as per usual.