[tei-council] tei/oxygen framework

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Mon Nov 25 18:54:06 EST 2013

On 11/24/13 5:46 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2013, at 21:58, Kevin Hawkins <kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info> wrote:
>
>> I have considered creating a wiki page just about oxygen-tei but have
>> for now kept information about it on the page about <oXygen/> since it's
>> only useful if you also have that program.  See
>> http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/OXygen#Support_for_TEI .
>>
>> We need to update the link here from Google Code to SourceForge once
>> we're sure that everything is working as expected.
>
> I’d hope that the instructions don’t mention where the download comes
> from? people don’t need to know. its the meta document which we manage
> on www.tei-c.org which matters.
>
> the development of the package remains on google code.

There is no meta-document on www.tei-c.org about oxygen-tei that I'm
aware of.

That page on the wiki shows how to install manually or, for version 14.2
of <oXygen/> or later, how to subscribe to the framework.  For the
latter, the wiki links to instructions that Sebastian sent to TEI-L,
which indeed don't require that you know whether it's on Google Code or
not.  However, those who use this framework in <oXygen/> and choose to
subscribe to the framework might want to contribute a bug fix, and I'd
like for them to know where to find the sourcecode behind it even once
the whole world has upgraded to at least version 14.2 of <oXygen/>.

So I'm just unclear on whether the new SourceForge version is more
stable and whether I should therefore update that wiki page.  At the
same time, someone on the Google Code project should update its readme
file to point to the new SourceForge location in case anyone discovers
it through an old message on TEI-L or through some other means.

--Kevin