[tei-council] Pure ODDness

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 20 11:50:13 EST 2013

On 20/11/13 11:27, Lou Burnard wrote:
> The choices seem to be
> a) also allow @mixed on <content> and say <content mixed="true"> (even
> though actually the content isn't mixed at all)
> b) change the name of @mixed to something like @hasText, @allowsText,
> @textual  and go with option (a)
> c) introduce a model.contentPart element called <pcdata> and say

If b) then don't be specific to text but generalise to something
like @mode perhaps mode="mixed". Having c) with something other
than pcdata as a name sounds like fun though and leads to more
interesting definition of content models doesn't it?

> a) change the content model of <content> to permit either
> model.contentPart  or macro.schemaPattern
> b) change macro.schemaPattern to permit either model.contentPart or
> macro.anyXML
> c) define a new element (howabout <model>) containing model.contentPart
> ; allow both that and current <content> initially, then deprecate <content>

Oh a) or b) I guess, don't want more additional elements if we
don't need them.  a) seems easier to remove macro.schemaPattern
later.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk