[tei-council] dating of pages

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 18:28:10 EST 2013

On 14 Nov 2013, at 23:19, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> the future. Unless we also create the Readme-2.6.0.xml release
> notes template at the same point as we change the version number?

i wish I could summon up the enthusiasm for this. is it really worth
the trouble?

> 1) The word "Version" should link to
> "release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/AB.html#ABTEI4" (except that 'en'
> should be the current language code).
you dont mean that literally, do you. the file AB.html
is in the current directory.

dont forget all this has to work in a Debian context too. you have
no idea what the directory structure may be

> 2) The version number "2.6.0alpha" or equivalent should point to
> "release/doc/tei-p5-doc/readme-2.6.0.html" i.e. should point to
> the potential release notes removing the 'alpha' and 'beta' or
> whatever.
you can implement that. edit Utilities/expand.xsl. enjoy
making it portable.....

> 3) The date '14th November 2013' or equivalent should link to the
> same place as #2 but only because I can't think of a better
> place. (suggestions?)
why should it link to anything at all? its just a date.

> 4) The revision number '12623' should be a link to
> http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/code/$revisionnumber/tree/trunk/P5/
done

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services