[tei-council] Draft Roma Replacement Specification

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 10 08:31:00 EST 2013

On 10/11/13 13:28, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> ah, if only we agreed what those "basic tasks" were! as it stands, you have
> effectively specified that they must write a full XML editor with
> the (unstated) assumption that it will all be done with form filling, and
> be able to accept arbitrary TEI input.

Actually I agree with you here -- It would be nice if they could
edit all the documentary aspects of a full ODD, but I don't think
that is a _requirement_ to an ODD Editor.  To me an ODD editor
only really needs to cope with the <schemaSpec> and preserve any
other content.  (i.e. it shouldn't delete it).

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk