[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 18:46:04 EDT 2013

Gosh we have a surfeit of those willing to run the election,
hopefully we'll have the same for those wishing to stand.

For some reason I think it feels nice to have someone who is not
returning (e.g. Kevin or Brett from the list of many volunteers
so far) run the election.

You are right that with a system like opavote the only power the
person setting up the election has is its basic configuration and
putting in the email addresses. Since the number of votes would
be available to all at the end it would be immediately apparant
if there had been any form of shenanigans.  That said I've no
problem with it being the Chair or if the Chair is running some
volunteer (also not running) from old or new council.  We don't
want to tie ourselves to opavote in particular (just 'an
electronic voting system' or something) in the vague policy we
document, so that is probably safer overall.

I won't take it personally, ;-)
-James