[tei-council] working with translation

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Wed Oct 30 12:09:44 EDT 2013

The only thing that looks slightly risky to me is in this template:

   <xsl:template name="check">

where if the choose/when is selected, you end by doing this:

	<xsl:apply-templates
	    select="*|processing-instruction()|comment()|text()"/>

while if the otherwise is selected, you do this:

	<xsl:apply-templates
	    select="@*|*|processing-instruction()|comment()|text()"/>

In the "when" case, any attributes which are not @xml:lang or
@versionDate will be lost. I think it's unlikely that any <desc>,
<gloss> or <remarks> would have any other attributes in this context,
but it's conceivable.

On 13-10-30 08:41 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2013, at 15:10, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>
>>> i think its very likely SVN merging will cope cleanly,
>>> unless people are actively editing these things at the moment?
>>
>> Probably yes, as long as it doesn't really take several days. :-)
>
> I have started the job, and I reckon its done 7/766 files in 15 minutes.
> So reckoning on 2 minutes per file, that’s looking like 25 hours,
> ie completing Thursday evening.
>
> I’ll commit the state of affairs tomorrow morning and report
> on how many its done.
>
> Just carry on working as is. We can sort out any few cases of conflict by hand
> (assuming no-one is making global changes?  are they?)
>
> Here’s a good example of a small change made just
> to make life miserable for translators:
>
> -  <desc>contains letters, words, or phrases inserted in the text by an
> -        author, scribe, annotator, or corrector.</desc>
> +  <desc versionDate="2013-04-13" xml:lang="en">contains letters, words, or phrases inserted in the source
> +  text by an author, scribe, annotator, or corrector.</desc>
>
> It would help my piece of mind
> if someone reviewed Utilities/addDateToGlossDesc.sh
> and Utilities/addDateToGlossDesc.xsl to check my logic
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research) of Academic IT
> University of Oxford IT Services