[tei-council] working with translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 11:41:18 EDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 15:10, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

>> i think its very likely SVN merging will cope cleanly,
>> unless people are actively editing these things at the moment?
>
> Probably yes, as long as it doesn't really take several days. :-)

I have started the job, and I reckon its done 7/766 files in 15 minutes.
So reckoning on 2 minutes per file, that’s looking like 25 hours,
ie completing Thursday evening.

I’ll commit the state of affairs tomorrow morning and report
on how many its done.

Just carry on working as is. We can sort out any few cases of conflict by hand
(assuming no-one is making global changes?  are they?)

Here’s a good example of a small change made just
to make life miserable for translators:

-  <desc>contains letters, words, or phrases inserted in the text by an
-        author, scribe, annotator, or corrector.</desc>
+  <desc versionDate="2013-04-13" xml:lang="en">contains letters, words, or phrases inserted in the source
+  text by an author, scribe, annotator, or corrector.</desc>

It would help my piece of mind
if someone reviewed Utilities/addDateToGlossDesc.sh
and Utilities/addDateToGlossDesc.xsl to check my logic
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services