[tei-council] working with translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 30 08:49:45 EDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 11:02, Peter Stadler <stadler at edirom.de> wrote:

> Can't you just do a svn blame once for every file and than compare revision numbers for all descs etc. (given all descs are on separate lines …)?

i looked at that, but the <desc> and <gloss> are not guaranteed to be on one line through the history of the file.
changes which just change the format of the text, or (e.g.) the name of an attribute would fire a false
positive.

on balance I thought it easier to set running a a slow and redundant process
that spend even longer working out the most efficient way. its only a one-off job,
at least.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services