[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

Hugh Cayless philomousos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:12:26 EDT 2013

Given the current makeup of the Council, I don't see any reason to build in conflict resolution mechanisms ahead of time. We might just make it a policy that in the case of a disputed/contentious election, the Council will ask the Board to supply a returning officer. Is there any reason direct email to that individual cannot constitute a vote?

We should probably also figure out whether anyone besides James wants to run (I certainly don't feel competent to after only a year on Council). If not, I think you might just win by acclamation. :-)

Hugh