[tei-council] Electing a TEI Technical Council Chair for next year.

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 14:00:53 EDT 2013

I have no problem with the current board representative (Lou)
doing this, or Sebastian who also volunteered as a returning
council member. (My only worry is that both of them may be seen
as being related to Oxford... but well what can you do.)

I think everyone getting doodle logins would be problematic, just
the kind of complication I think we want to avoid.  If we put the
link publicly on the tei-council mailing list, then yes, anyone
in the world could fill in Martin Holmes as the name, and vote
for me. But if there are *two* Martin Holmes who have voted then
presumably the person acting as returning officer will notice
that and email Martin and say "Oi! Did you vote twice, or who do
you really want to vote for?" Or something like that.  i.e. it is
only a problem if someone out there does try to do something
nasty and someone who should vote doesn't vote. (And we should
make it an assumption that all  2014 council members *should* vote.)

I can see that who voted for who maybe should remain secret, with
just totals given.

Any additional, dissenting or agreeing, thoughts? New Council
members, how would you want it to work?

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk