[tei-council] Things needing translation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 22 11:27:13 EDT 2013

On 22 Oct 2013, at 16:17, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca>
 wrote:

> That's admirably simple and easy to do. If we ignore the issue of trying to separate out bits of text which have changed from those which haven't, then we have a bit of added value in that old versions will be checked again, which is no bad thing.

we still have to do the work to indicate where a translation may be out of date, so that people can easily see which bits really do need
doing, rather than idly trawling for fun mistakes.

column 1: element/class name
column 2: attribute name (where appropriate)
column 3: <desc>
column 4: translation (if any)
column 5: <gloss>
column 6: translation (if any)
column 7: <remarks>
column 8: translation (if any)
column 9: reap statement (optional)

> We could also provide spreadsheets for languages we don't yet have, if anyone pops up with energy and interest in providing a new language.

indeed. like German! (where are you, Werner…..)

> We could do this with Google Docs; the question is whether we make the spreadsheets completely public-editable, or ask people to request access so there's some vetting.

i'd go for public access. simpler than trying to vet people.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services