[tei-council] Next TEI-C Guidelines Release (presumably 2.6.0)

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 13:04:24 EDT 2013

Hi TEI-Council,

I've updated the table at
http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/index.xml#releases to give a
'next version' date of "December 2013". As discussed on the
teleconference though if this slips to January it isn't terrible.

However, I would suggest the following intended initial timetable:

6 December 2013: Deadline for all major work being done. (Version
number updated to 2.6.0 alpha)
6 - 13 December: Repository Chill -- no new implementations,
updates to prose and uncontroversial bug fixes are still allowed.
Beta announced to TEI-L community. (Version number updated to
2.6.0 beta)
13 - 19 December: Repository Freeze -- Council proofreads & test
all outputs; no changes allowed except with permission of
technical council and release technician.
20 December: Possible release date. (Depends on the availability
of the release technician.)

Which leaves us with the question of who wants to be a release
technician!

I would suggest that it might be nice to have either:

a) A departing member of council (Becky, Brett, Kevin) as leaving
contribution/experience or

b) A new member of council (Fabio, Peter, Stefanie) as a baptism
of fire.

Any of you interested? The steps involved are documented at:

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk