[tei-council] divliminality

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 18:45:04 EDT 2013

On 17 Oct 2013, at 23:37, James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk>
 wrote:

> If there still remain substantive issues after Sebastian's
> investigations

hold hard, I am not doing any investigations. I am merely reporting
how many TCP texts violate the current TEI constraints.

My view is that we should loosen the constraints to allow all
the different uses of <signed> simultaneously, and regard the clearing up of
divliminality, working with the community, as a longer-term exercise
which would feed into (incompatible) P6. Like so much else in the TEI,
people will use <signed> as part of a vocabulary to attach meaning to
some part of their text, and the imposition of schema constraints about
it's usage is largely just an annoyance.

No, I don't expect  to win this argument, so I'll shut up now :-}
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services