[tei-council] new git world order

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 14:46:27 EDT 2013

On 30 Jul 2013, at 19:28, Syd Bauman <s.bauman at neu.edu>
 wrote:

> In the new gitHub/Stylesheets directory, there is no odds2/ directory
> (there is an odds/ directory). However, Roma/roma2.sh still tests for
> and uses odds2/.

true. I have not yet converted the Roma shell script to use the new
layout. I checked in the same change.

explanation:
	* I have renamed lots of things in new Gitted Stylesheets, all in the name of readability and maintainability - why call
	something "odds2" or "xhtml2" when plainly it should be called "odds" or "html"? if you
	look inside eg "html", you'll see all the file names have changed too, to stop the problem of loads of files with the same
	names in different directories. it was driving Martin crazy, and I count him as a good weathervane.

I have updated OxGarage, Jenkins, and P5, to use the new world order. slowly working my way through
the known universe.

I should note that neither I nor the P5 build process use the command line "roma"  theseadays. Trying to standardize
on the Ant scripts, for consistency.

Yes, I know these changes are annoying at the moment. But I stand by the over-arching aim which is
to make this stylesheet family more comprehensible, consistent, and joinin-able.

My next task is to make the processing of @rend (and @type) more consistent for all output formats, and to document
what @rend (etc) values map to. This may well cause more breakage, but it has to be done.

(y'all web-heads, asking about @rendition and @style, yes indeed. but I don't want to give up on supporting
conversion to Word and LaTeX. too damned convenient).

yrs, an old  git
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services