[tei-council] TEI Stylesheets, the road less travelled

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 28 17:45:07 EDT 2013

On 23 Jul 2013, at 16:01, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

> Presumably we will need to do something similar in the TEI Subversion
> repo, won't we? That will have to include what's required for the
> Guidelines generation and all the schema generation and testing, so that
> Jenkins can run it all, and the likes of Syd and Lou can build locally
> as they like to do. People will need to end up somehow (preferably quite
> straightforwardly) with a tree that can build the current state of the
> Guidelines and schemas with the current state of the stylesheets.

personally, I'd like to revert back to a position where the builder of P5 (whether it
be Lou or Jenkins) simply has the current public release of the styesheets
installed (either by hand or by a Debian package), and the P5 build
refers to it in a standard place. It needs to be part of the _Stylesheets_ release
process to check that it does not break P5, I think.

if the P5 build throws up a problem in the stylesheets, we pause the release
process and make a new Stylesheets release, slowly and surely.

is there a downside to this?
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services