[tei-council] TEI Stylesheets, the road less travelled

Syd Bauman s.bauman at neu.edu
Tue Jul 23 10:10:04 EDT 2013

Well I'm not going to throw a hissy fit, but why would we want to do
such a thing? Yes, git is newer and shinier than svn, but its
advantages are not those we want anyway. And its added complexity (in
order to support those advantages that we won't be taking advantage
of) will make things harder for those who want to pick this stuff up.
True, some would say the user interface at GitHub is a bit nicer than
SourceForge, but not everyone, and that doesn't seem like sufficient
reason for such a significant change. Doesn't the maxim "if it ain't
broke, don't fix it" apply? Or am I missing something? (Are we think
MEI would be a fork instead of a customization or some such?)

P.S. I'll try to take a good look at the <precision> recommendation later
     today.