[tei-council] [tei-board-council] revised bylaws

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 13:38:34 EDT 2013

As light relief from the excitement of watching the forthcoming P5
release take shape, members of Council  may wish to take a look at the
revised draft of the TEI Bylaws which the Board wishes to get out for
the membership to vote on as soon as possible.

The main changes are to expand the TEI electorate: individual members
(formerly known as "subscribers") will now be able to vote in elections
for the Council; to clarify the relationship between Board and Council;
and to abolish a lot of unnecessary verbiage. I have to draft a summary
document listing the changes, probably by this weekend some time.

See http://www.tei-c.org/Board/bylaws2013.xml for the new draft. The
old/current version is at http://www.tei-c.org/About/bylaws.xml

There is some urgency to this, as we are already a bit late setting up
the elections for this year and would like to ensure that that's done
under the new by laws. So please make your comments pithy, precise, and
capable of being acted upon speedily. Point out a missing comma, typo,
or lexical error and I will be your best friend forever. Point out a
policy you think is completely mistaken and which has to be debated for
the next few weeks before it can be resolved, and I may not.