[tei-council] hello; release plans

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 12:25:04 EDT 2013

On 26/06/13 16:56, Martin Holmes wrote:
> July 5 is sort of OK with me, although I'm flying out for England very
> early the following morning, so I won't be staying up late.
>
> I was the first release button-pusher from outside Oxford, IIRC. It
> might be worth reviewing the Council archives and, if possible, copies
> of James's IRC chat logs (you have logs, don't you, James?) from the
> last release to see what went wrong.

Do you really want me to admit publicly that I have logs of IRC
channels I'm logged into including all the work ones where
colleagues make all sorts of jokes they wouldn't want circulated
more widely?  I'm not sure I want to admit to that...

> Usually it's one or two tiny
> things, and a couple of typos spotted late in the day, which throw the
> whole thing off so it all has to be rebuilt again several times.

Yes, hopefully the freeze will have helped with that.

I have changed the VERSION file to be 2.4.0 which I think we
should probably change in the tcw22 steps at the point where we
freeze the repository.  I have also added a
ReleaseNotes/readme-2.4.0.xml and would ask Council to add
<item>s to this list of updates that they think have been
significant.  (Or email them to me and I'll do it.) If we can do
that over the next week that would be good!

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk