[tei-council] Planning next face2face meeting

Brett Barney bbarney2 at unl.edu
Tue Jun 11 17:05:58 EDT 2013

On Jun 10, 2013, at 11:42 AM, James Cummings wrote:

> 1) Do you have a strong preference for Oxford or Ann Arbor; I'm
> assuming Oxford is better choice this time and seems fairer on
> this year's elected Americans (in getting a trip to the UK).

No real preference here. (How is it I didn't see any of this Tunnock's stuff before? Looks tasty.)

> 2) Do you have a strong preference for timing? I'm leaning to
> mid-November myself but other than having a massively busy
> Sept/October I've no other reason. I'll put up a doodle poll
> eventually to get more precise availability but happy to rule out
> things in advance.

It's starting to sound like a consensus for early-mid November, which is fine with me. But October would be OK, too.

> 3) Our last face2face meeting in Oxford was partly at Wolfson
> College; were those who attended that ok with that as a meeting
> venue? (We have a good relationship with them since out
> Digital.Humanities @ Oxford Summer School is there.) I am
> investigating that as a possibility but can look for other venues
> if people were dissatisfied with that one.

I liked Wolfson. I'm a bit jealous that the Irish woman in the dining hall didn't pay me any particular attention, though. I shall try to remedy that, if given the chance.