[tei-council] Planning next face2face meeting

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 06:03:37 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-10 17:42, James Cummings wrote:
> 1) Do you have a strong preference for Oxford or Ann Arbor; I'm
> assuming Oxford is better choice this time and seems fairer on
> this year's elected Americans (in getting a trip to the UK).

I prefer Oxford, for the opposite reason to that implied: I don't think
I can stand another intercontinental trip in this already busy year! I
can also help save a bit of money if someone (e.g. Hugh or Elli or both)
don't mind commuting instead of staying at Wolfson or wherever. (Otoh, I
could save even more money if we go to the US by Skyping in instead of
attending in person. :-) )

> 2) Do you have a strong preference for timing? I'm leaning to
> mid-November myself but other than having a massively busy
> Sept/October I've no other reason. I'll put up a doodle poll
> eventually to get more precise availability but happy to rule out
> things in advance.

September would be impossible for me, with trips to Bulgaria, Spain and
Italy already lined up. Later October or November currently seem fine
(although may clash with teaching).

> 3) Our last face2face meeting in Oxford was partly at Wolfson
> College; were those who attended that ok with that as a meeting
> venue? (We have a good relationship with them since out
> Digital.Humanities @ Oxford Summer School is there.) I am
> investigating that as a possibility but can look for other venues
> if people were dissatisfied with that one.

As a meeting venue it seemed fine, yes. A bit of a trek from the train
station for those of us commuting, but that's not a dealbreaker. (And
was an excuse to be lazy and take a cab!)

Dr Gabriel BODARD
Researcher in Digital Epigraphy

Digital Humanities
King's College London