[tei-council] inter-release schema updates

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 11:21:06 EDT 2013

On 05/06/13 15:47, Gabriel Bodard wrote:
> Two questions arising:
>    * Do we have a date for the next release (2.3.1?) yet?

At http://www.tei-c.org/Guidelines/P5/#previous I say 'Early July'.

Syd: You were going to get back to me as soon as you could give
me a precise day.  Any news?

>    * Is there a way nowadays to use the online Roma to generate a schema
> from the svn source and/or a local checkout rather than the last
> released ODD? I guess I could experiment with this, but it might be
> quicker if someone already knows the answer...

Erm, I'm guessing if your schemaSpec/@source can point to a
p5subset.xml on jenkins, that would be the way to go.  So make an
ODD file that says that, then upload it to Roma? Maybe
http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/odd/p5subset.xml/*view*/
but I'm not sure if that is really the up-to-date version or the
last release's version.  It is a good idea.

> (And yes, I do mean the online Roma not Vesta or any other local tool.
> This is advice I'm going to pass on to the newbie, so keeping it simple.)

Not sure that is simple enough.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk