[tei-council] listRelation membership in model.biblLike

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 4 19:08:03 EDT 2013

On 13-06-04 02:50 PM, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> The wording that confuses Martin was likely borrowed from my comment on
> the ticket:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/310/#6aba
>
> I'll try rephrasing for clarity:
>
> "so that bibl, biblStruct, and biblFull can contain <relation> elements
> as children without needing to insert a <relationGrp> as a child of
> bibl, biblStruct, and biblFull and then putting the <relation> elements
> inside the <relationGrp>."

But <bibl> (for instance) _cannot_ contain <relation>, can it? And
neither can <biblStruct> or <biblFull>. So if that was the intention,
whatever was done didn't achieve it.

What has been achieved is to allow <listRelation> and <relationGrp> to
appear wherever <bibl> et al can appear, which is something completely
different. I'm as puzzled as Lou is by it. Sebastian's argument that
weirder things pertain elsewhere in the TEI so we should leave well
alone surely doesn't hold if this is a simple case of an error in ticket
implementation.

--
Martin Holmes
(mholmes at uvic.ca)