[tei-council] Guidelines TOC page again

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Thu May 30 17:27:04 EDT 2013

On 5/30/13 5:17 PM, Martin Holmes wrote:
> On 13-05-30 12:51 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>>

>>> I propose replacing this with a single link, that incorporates both
>>> captions, which would look like this in English:
>>>
>>>     Home/Table of Contents
>>>

>>> Any objections?
>>

>> No. but I'd ask for review of the translations. I would not assume that "X/Y" fits
>> all languages.
>

> That's true. In that case, perhaps just "Table of Contents" would be better?

We're talking about the box that appears variously in "float left" and
"float right" positions in the HTML of various chapters, right?

Right now it says:

Home | Table of contents

and so Martin suggests combining these into a single link (the text of
which we are deciding on).

I prefer "Table of contents" or "Table of Contents" because we always
use the term "chapters" of the Guidelines, even in cross-references
within the Guidelines.

However, let me note that at the top of the HTML for each chapte,
there's a light blue box that's flush left which has a bold "Table of
contents" label at the top.  It's already misleading that this is only a
TOC for that chapter, not the book as you would normally assume, and
it's also misleading that this is different from what the TOC link below
it points to.  So whatever solution we agree to for Martin's question
should be addressed in the context of this other, similar label.

K.