[tei-council] Guidelines TOC page again

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Thu May 23 15:30:01 EDT 2013

I was with you until "flags for languages". :-)

I have a couple of ideas about making the headings look more sectional.
The icons came only in that size (16 x 16), but I can look around for
some larger ones if necessary, or re-create them (they're
Creative-Commons-attribution).

One problem with actually making things into boxes (i.e. putting borders
around them) is that it becomes clear that they're not the same width.
The way I have the columns sized and distributed right now is the best
balance I could come up with that allows for optimum content size for
each column (the middle one needs to be biggest, then the one on the
left, then the one on the right); it looks relatively balanced, I think,
but if we put borders around things, it will look less so because the
variable widths will be more apparent.

On 13-05-23 12:22 PM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> the content and layout is better. but its a bit Spartan. much bigger icons for PDF and ePub? some coloured
> boxes? flags for languages?
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Director (Research) of Academic IT