[tei-council] Suggestion for a new Guidelines TOC document

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 15 08:10:08 EDT 2013

On 15/05/13 10:47, Lou Burnard wrote:
> "Features" has a special meaning elsewhere in the guidelines, as does
> "components".

It is a difficult one to name, to be sure.

> James, why do you say that the core tagset isn't available in all
> documents? isn't that how it's defined?

Because of the way users see it.  If use TEI Lite as a schema and
am looking at the TEI Guidelines and see a chapter entitled
"Elements Available in All TEI Documents" then I'm confused
because my TEI Lite Document is a TEI Document, but it doesn't
have all the elements of the Core module mentioned in that chapter.

(e.g. elements like analytic, biblStruct, binaryObject, etc.
which are not included in TEI Lite).

By the way, I note that the current TEI Lite ODD tries to include
an element called 'core' from the core module... Do you want me
to delete that?

> Anyway, we do seem to have consensus on renaming WD, so I've just done it.

Fair enough.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk