[tei-council] contact for i18n work

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Sun May 12 13:41:47 EDT 2013

In a blog discussion about whether DH tools are neutral:

http://dhpoco.org/2013/05/10/open-thread-the-digital-humanities-as-a-historical-refuge-from-raceclassgendersexualitydisability/#comment-1884

were have luckily not been blamed for @sex.  But there is also a
discussion about the TEI i18n effort being incomplete:

http://dhpoco.org/2013/05/10/open-thread-the-digital-humanities-as-a-historical-refuge-from-raceclassgendersexualitydisability/#comment-1884

I have posted a reply (in the queue for moderation at the moment, I
believe) pointing him to http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/I18N/ and saying
that we welcome further contributions.

However, I realize that http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/I18N/ does not
explain who to contact to help out with this work.  While the standard
contact link appears in the page's footer, the text at
http://www.tei-c.org/Tools/I18N/ implies that we're just waiting for
work to be finished by others, though I think we would in fact welcome
contributions by others (just as we are now doing with French
translation).  So I think we should state on that page that we welcome
further contributions.  Who should we give as a contact?  Just
web at tei-c.org or something personal?

--Kevin