[tei-council] *Spec content inconsistency

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon May 6 08:32:39 EDT 2013

> > And I understand why we want to require at least one <desc> in a
> > <moduleSpec>, but is there a reason to constrain the order?

> no. but those content models do in general specify an order, for
> good or bad. so it would be consistent to switch all of them to
>       model.glossLike*, model.descLike*,

Or even to
     model.glossLike_sequenceOptionalRepeatable,
     model.descLike_sequenceOptionalRepeatable

But the problem with either of these added constraints is that they
would break some existing ODDs. Even though it's a small price to pay
(in that those writing ODDs are by and large expert users for whom
such a change would be a mere annoyance at worst), I don't think the
benefit is big enough to warrant it. (Would violate Birnbaum
Doctrine, IMHO.)