[tei-council] *Spec content inconsistency

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 6 05:03:07 EDT 2013

I dont think i can defend the inconsistency here.

> Is there a strong reason to constrain the order in
> <constraintSpec> but not the others?
no, I cant think of one.

> And I understand why we want
> to require at least one <desc> in a <moduleSpec>, but is there a
> reason to constrain the order?
no. but those content models do in general specify
an order, for good or bad. so it would be consistent to
switch all of them to

	model.glossLike*, model.descLike*,

you might be tempted to make <desc> mandatory always,
but sadly that makes working in change or delete mode
unreasonably hard.

> first I think it's worth asking the model.glossLike is in
> <constraintSpec> at all? What's it for? They don't need
> <altIdent>s or <gloss>s, do they?

entirely true.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services